Zippidy Doo Da

I'm not stupid, I'm from Texas!

Friday, January 18, 2008

Institutional Memory

Rarely do I post just to rant or get something off my chest.

There was quite a bit of news action today worth writing reams about. Terrible economic news looks a little better on the color pages of today's newsprint compared to the monochrome of 1929, but the words, phrases used to describe the proportions of the problem are nearly identical to yesteryear, except we can use the term, "we're fucked."

A report today from a Washington DC policy foundation tracked and measured an increasing divide between rich and poor school districts in Texas despite school funding reform. Go figure?! Wow.

Bushco erased a couple of years of e-mails, just to remind he was still a playa. Today he was determined to turn the economy around by giving us a rebate for a family pack of Charmine, and "don't ya dare touch my f-ing tax cuts!"

Of all those things and many other stories today, the thing that got my goat was Obama rhetorically felating Ronald Regan combined with the words of support for this apostacy from purportedly liberal bloggers like Lord Kos.

Ronald Regan presided over the dismantling of the government safety net for the poor, vocational, public health, women's reproductive health, science, art, education, and public infrastructure programs gutted; the largest tax increase in history to that point squarely on the shoulders of working people; secret bargains with terrorists, in controversion of the law for cynical political purposes, were all hall marks of his presidential legacy.

I've had my suspicions about Obama. I think he's a sell out and/or dangerously naive. This bit solidifies my opinion.

Don't go there, guys. It's not worth it.

3 Comments:

At 9:22 AM , Blogger Lulu Maude said...

Obama is trying for the Fair and Balanced thang... how could you fear this Nice Black Man?

I listened to The Audacity of Hope, which was full of his Fair and Balanced approach to history.

My friend Peter was aglow at having shaken his hand (nice grip!) I have been sorry for keeping a distance from the entire event, but I often think that my decision was Not So Bad.

 
At 3:28 PM , Blogger liquiddaddy said...

I really want to be able to vote for the guy, Lulu.

His 2004 convention speech was awe inspiring. But he I keep learning things about him that obviously give me pause.

LD

 
At 3:25 PM , Blogger Julia B. said...

Sure you can, LD. Just remember,
voted Anderson, got Reagan.
Voted Nader, got Bush. If the Democratic Party can't win this year we're more screwed than Hogan's goat.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home