Zippidy Doo Da

I'm not stupid, I'm from Texas!

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Chupacabra Report

Well, the numbers are still looking good to me from New Hampshire, a state where Democratic affiliates are third, with 25%, after Independents with 37%, and Republicans with 36%.

The Democratic primary outdrew the Republican contest 55% to 45%, and the top two Democratic candidates polled better than anybody on the other slate. Exit polls indicated that 60% of Independent voters chose to vote in the Democratic Party primary.

New Hampshire folks took their civic duty pretty seriously too, with over 500,000 of the approximately one million persons eligible to vote exercising their franchise. To get a turnout like that in a Texas primary, Jesus would have to run against Satan.

Yes the numbers look alright, even if the results are not what I would have wished for. I want to like Hillary Clinton, and if she’s nominated, I damn sure will like her, triangulating and all. And if I could pick a Viet Nam war hero to run for president it would be Jim Webb. John McCain strikes me as having sold his soul hoping for the approval of people that will never like him anyway. He surprised me last week when he bragged about his part in sending Jack Abramoff to prison because in my opinion he sat on that investigation when it could have lead to Rove and Bush.

Anyways, it’s only New Hampshire. Next week, Michigan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home