Zippidy Doo Da

I'm not stupid, I'm from Texas!

Monday, November 17, 2008

Roy Hamilton RIP


We are beyond words to express our collective grief and severe shock upon learning that our dear friend and fellow tribesman has passed away last night from the advanced stages of cancer.

Our prayers and offers of support are with Roy's surviving sister and niece.

We feel so badly for Sr. Dos Pachangas who stayed by Roy's side throughout his hospitalization until the end, and wish him solace and comfort.

Roy was 48.

EDIT UPDATE: Roy's wake/memorial was last night. I moved by the occasion which was sweet and simple like the man himself. We'll miss you, Roy.

2 Comments:

At 8:03 AM , Blogger Julia B. said...

My first trip wadefishing was with Roy and Miguel, about 20 years ago. We fished The Flagship pier, East Beach, the channel by the coast Guard station, and the Texas City dike, all out of a rental car that must have smelled like it had been let out to travelling chum salesmen by the time we got through with it. Some guys won't give up their best fishing spots to just anybody. Roy was definitely not that type.

 
At 8:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Roy was one of my best friends. No matter how shitty life was, he still kept on smiling...right up until the end. What a great smile. We used to fish, camp, drink, talk, until he/we moved apart. But, even after long periods away from each other, it was so easy to reconnect with him, as if no time had past. That's what real friends are like. I am so lucky to have so many, and so sad to say goodbye to Roy. I am going to miss him so much. I am sure him and Denny will have ALOT of catching up to do.
I leave you with a famous Roy saying, "Ooky, dooky, I smell pooky".

Lucy

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home