Zippidy Doo Da

I'm not stupid, I'm from Texas!

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Hillary Clinton for President (of the Senate)

Eldy asked me about an endorsement prior to the March 4th Texas Primary. As you may be aware, I’ve been voting for losers for thirty-five years, most of them Democrats. This year the best looking losers, Kucinich and Edwards, are out of it before I even get to hurl my vote.

My best hope now is that the Democratic race stays open, and is hopelessly snarled at the convention, with the ultimate result that we re-elect Al Gore.

Seriously, I like Clinton and Obama alright. I have bones to pick with some of their positions and votes, but they’re both a big cut above the specimen that’s in office now. Hell, I could have gone with McCain before he sold his soul to Dobson.

But to me the biggest issue is electability. I fed up with getting hosed by dirty tricks, voter challenges, bad counts and court decisions. Who knows what they’ll come up with this time to try to steal the election. I expect that the fix is in with Diebold et all. University studies across the country have shown computer ballot systems to be susceptible to hacking and tampering.

Nevertheless, I think the American people are fed up with Republican/Corporate rule and are ready to give Democratic/Corporate rule a shot. But we have to supply the votes, and plenty of them. And I think that the momentum demonstrated by the Obama campaign, if sustained through the remaining contests, prove that Clinton has too much negative opinion to overcome in a dirty general election.

That’s why I’m calling for Obama to select Clinton as his running mate. There is precedent for this, in the early years of this republic, the number two vote-getter became the vice president. And Abraham Lincoln, an astute politician if there ever was one, brought his rivals for the nomination into the cabinet. This mostly worked, with the exception of Salmon Chase.

An Obama/Clinton ticket would unite the party, and provide assassination insurance for Obama, as Dan Quayle did for George H.W. Bush. And I bet she could be an even better hatchetman than Dick Cheney, only popular, and not so evil. Think this over when you head to the polls on March 4th to vote for the tool of your choice.

3 Comments:

At 3:48 PM , Blogger liquiddaddy said...

Yer Honor,

I'm still recovering from our smoke filled room parleys. I think it was unusual to have our strategy sessions originate in a Monterrey whorehouse, but if it's good enough for Tom Delay, it's good enough for me.

I support the dream team! Come on Denver!

LD

 
At 6:36 PM , Blogger liquiddaddy said...

I lived through Bobby Kennedy, Gene MCarthy, George McGovern, Jesse Jackson all raise hope only to fail. I hope and pray Obama turns out to be the meanest, toughest SOB ever.

 
At 5:04 PM , Blogger liquiddaddy said...

Judge,

You are busted over at Skippy. Check it out, wiseguy.

LD

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home