Zippidy Doo Da

I'm not stupid, I'm from Texas!

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Keep Your Eye on the Sky


I spent some time down in Moulton this weekend, which is Ron Paul Country. The doctor has a diehard following there, and I think the country might be surprised when He and Rev. Huckabee garner quite a few votes come election time. It would be satisfying to me if the national journos took a little time to understand better what makes the Texas voter tick.

It has been getting around, for instance, that unidentified flying objects about a mile long have been languishly trolling along the Texas skies over folks who 1. Don't trust the press; 2. Don't trust the "government; and 3. Have deeply held religious convictions that don't really accommodate the notion that intelligent life exists in other dimensions or galaxies.

Imagine the personal crisis this would invariably cause to people who just don't appreciate this happening only to encounter the press who make laughingstocks of their honest testimony and threats on their lives or livelihoods by men in black along with all the attendant horrors acquired by viewing mass media on the subject.

Some folks related to me that the beat reporter in Stephenville that tried to investigate this weirdness was fired for her efforts. They'd heard this from Coast to Coast, a major source of real news for lots of AM-listening rural folks in Texas. I though that in order to contribute further insight into the mind of a big block of traditional Texas votes I would offer that reporter's story of the plight of one witness in this whole mess:

More twists in the Sorrells' saga
By ANGELIA JOINER Staff Writer
Published: Monday, February 4, 2008 11:19 AM CST
angelia.joiner@empiretribune.com

Answers.

Ricky Sorrells just wants answers. And, in light of what he's been through, it doesn't seem to be a lot to ask.

Witnessing an unidentified flying object four times since the beginning of the new year, then having military aircraft whizzing over his land and disrupting his sleep and livestock, followed by a string of mysterious phone calls and in person encounters from individuals demanding he "shut up" about what he saw, and landing unexpectedly in the international spotlight, has taken a toll on the 37-year-old man accustomed to the simple life.

"If you told me a while back that I would be sitting here talking to you about UFOs I would have said, ‘No way, not in a million years," Sorrells said. " Now, I know for the rest of my life I'll keep looking to find out what it was."

Sorrells said he is receiving a lot of support from family and friends helping him to keep an eye on things. He said that support has been a great help to him.

"I'm not going to freak out or anything," Sorrells said. "I just think the government should come forward and help us to figure out this thing. I think people should write to their congressman or something."

Sorrells said soon after his Associated Press interview went around the world in mid-January - not only was he allegedly contacted by a Lt. Colonel telling him to keep quiet about what he saw, he was also contacted by a woman named Linda Moulton Howe.

Sorrells said he vaguely remembered listening to her on a radio program years ago while on a road trip and her name clicked with him. It was the only familiar name he knew and she promised to do an investigation so he agreed not to talk to anyone else until she could make the trip from New Mexico. Howe arrived in Dublin last week and stayed with Sorrells and his family to conduct the investigation and left late last week.

"I told her everything I knew and showed her my property," Sorrels said. "After she left, I felt I had honored my commitment with her. Things have settled down a little and I feel free to talk about the experiences I have had. I just didn't want to do anything that would interfere with her investigation because I want the truth."

He said the last time he saw the object he was able to get a video on his camera phone and said he has seen some other "pretty good footage" taken by others.

One night Sorrells said he had four helicopters flying at such low altitude that when a spotlight was shined up at them from Sorrells' pickup he could see the pilot throw his arm up in front of his eyes to block the light. But there has been another strange occurrence recently on his property that leads him to believe the military is involved. It was an unexpected visitor about 1 a.m. who may have left something behind.

"I was in bed asleep," Sorrells said. "I keep my bird dogs on the east side of my house and three others on the west side. The black lab doesn't bark until someone comes across the cattle guard and the Catahoula doesn't bark until she actually sees someone. They were all barking so I got up to see what was going on."

Sorrells said he walked to his bedroom window and looked out to the top of his driveway - he saw someone.

"I went around the bed and grabbed my rifle," Sorrells said.

His family was still sleeping, so with one hand on his gun and one hand on his backdoor knob, he peered through the window of the door to see if he could spot the intruder again.

"He had positioned himself in between the car and the pickup 40 to 50 feet from my back door," Sorrells said. "He stood staring at me rocking back and forth. I didn't think his feet were moving but the next morning when looking at his tracks I could tell they were."

Sorrels said it was cold and misting rain and it was obvious the guy was "dressed for the elements with a heavy parka-like coat."

He said he strained to see if the man carried a gun but could not see one but could clearly see the face of someone he thought to be in his late 20s or early 30s judging from the way he "walked and acted."

"I'm trying to decide whether or not to open the door," Sorrells said. "We're just standing there face to face looking at each other. I'm thinking he's dressed for the elements and the dogs are raising such a ruckus he must know he's in danger of being caught. That's when I realized he wanted me to see him."

Sorrells said the trespasser had positioned himself in such a way he decided he could be vulnerable if opened his door. He thought of his family and then the man slowly turned and walked into the woods.

"He walked through an area where I'd cleared the brush so apparently he'd been there before because he knew where to go," Sorrells said.

Sorrells said shortly after the unwelcome caller disappeared the dogs calmed down and he stayed up the rest of the night to keep watch.

Later, when walking through the woods on his property with Howe, he decided to return to a bare spot where his property line ends at a fence.

"It is washed out there and I like to go there to look for deer and turkey tracks." Sorrells said. He said he's an avid hunter and keeps abreast of the wildlife on his place. He said he had not been to this particular spot in about a month.

"The first thing I saw was a man's footprint," Sorrells said. "Ms. Howe videotaped me putting my foot beside it. The sun was going down and I saw something shiny."

Sorrells said he walked over and picked up a bullet - a shiny new 25-06 Remington - with some dotted tarnished smudges.

"I think the man that I saw that night dropped this bullet and the tarnished spots are from the misting rain that night," Sorrells said. " I just think it was the military showing me they could get to me if they wanted to."

Sorrells said he just doesn't think a hunter poaching on his property would've dropped the bullet. He said he doesn't have trouble with poachers. While he knows there is no way to prove it could have been from the same man it's something he keeps mulling over. Sorrells returned home with the bullet in hand and took it apart to look at the powder to see if he could glean any information at all. A local gun and ammunition authority said there was no way to identify if such a bullet was from a military source.

"Talking about military powder is like talking about military gasoline," he said. "There is no difference."

Meanwhile, Sorrells said he and other witnesses are considering setting up a Web site to encourage people to do what they can to influence government participation in finding out about the curious, sometimes frightening, sightings.

"I've heard that other countries are releasing information on what they know," Sorrells said. "We're thinking of calling it (the site) ‘Stephenville Lights.' Too many people have seen something not to try and continue finding out about it. We want to know what it was."



>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

UFO witness claims harassment
By ANGELIA JOINER Staff Writer
Published: Sunday, February 3, 2008 3:11 PM CST
Ricky Sorrells is frustrated and a little angry.

Since his interview with the Associated Press, Sorrells has stayed quiet regarding the daytime UFO sightings on his property near Dublin.

And, there is more than one reason for his silence.

Sorrells believes military officials have been harassing him by flying military aircraft over his property at low altitudes, at all hours of the day and night. Sorrells runs livestock on his place and said the cattle don't react well to the disturbances. It's also been hard to get any sleep.

Sorrells made international news along with other witnesses on Jan. 14 after the Associated Press contacted him for his story and took video of the exact spot the UFO was seen along with Sorrells' description of the object.

Not just once, but four times, he claims to have seen the massive flying object he estimates to be the length of "three or four football fields." He said he's not sure about the size because the first time he saw it was the best view. At that time, the craft hovered directly over him in the woods about 300 feet above his head and his view was blocked by tree branches.

"I don't know why it keeps coming back here," Sorrells said.

He's convinced that someone representing himself as a Lt. Colonel knows what it is — and Sorrells wants an explanation.

He said the man contacted him by telephone on Jan. 15, one day after his interview with the Associated Press.

"I didn't worry about writing his name down or taking notes," Sorrells said. "I didn't know what was about to happen. But, I think he said he was with the Air Force."

Sorrells said the conversation started out nice enough.

"He was sort of nice to me right off," Sorrells said. "He asked to come and talk to me."

Sorrells said he told the man that he needed time to think about it and then, "He (the man) became really arrogant."

The caller told Sorrells he wasn't taking "no" for an answer and would be out to talk to him. Sorrells again tried to politely tell the man he did not wish to have company.

After that, Sorrells said the conversation became heated and he told the man not to cross his cattle guard.

Sorrells said the man responded with, " Son, we have the same caliber weapons as you do but a lot more of them."

Looking back, Sorrells said he believes the man was in his area but not able to pinpoint exactly where he lived because he recently built a new home.

"I actually got up and looked out my window to see if I could see someone at the cattle guard. So I said if he was who he said he was, why didn't he stop flying over my air space with all those helicopters," Sorrells said. "And he informed me that it was not my air space — it was his. He told me if I'd quit talking about what I saw he would stop the helicopters."

Sorrells said since that conversation, the helicopters have quit flying over his property but the F-16s haven't slowed.

Before the conversation took place with the suspected military officer Sorrells related a late night experience with a large transport helicopter and three smaller helicopters.

"I get up at 2:30 a.m. to go to work and these helicopters kept flying over and I couldn't sleep," Sorrells said. "Because it was about time to get up and go to work, I just got up and went outside to see what I could."

Sorrells said he has a spotlight on his pickup that he uses to look for coyotes.

"I went to my truck and turned on the spotlight and shined it up at them," Sorrells said. "It was so close, I could see the pilot's reaction. He threw up his arm to block the light. He was in one of the smaller helicopters.

"Then he turned toward me and I still have the light on. I started to feel uncomfortable so I turned off the light and waved and went back inside. I was thinking I had pushed the envelope."

To top that off, Sorrells said an acquaintance, whom he would not name, and formerly a member of the military, told him, "You need to shut your mouth about what you saw."

Sorrells said he tried to pull the man aside and asked him to explain his statement.

"He just kept saying the same thing and wouldn't explain," Sorrells said. " Now he won't speak to me."

Sorrells said because the helicopters disappeared, he now feels the gentlemen was actually a member of the military, and was high enough in rank that he was able to stop that type of air traffic.

"If it is a military craft the American people need to know," Sorrells said. "A lot of people have seen things around here. I know what I saw and so do they."

3 Comments:

At 10:52 PM , Blogger Julia B. said...

This made me think of Bush telling us that the navy is going to shoot down a failed satellite to keep us safe from toxic chemicals. The lying Russians say that he's doing it to test space weapons. I think they're on to him. Since when does Bush worry about poisoning people?

 
At 1:05 PM , Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

Hah! Excellent point. Dumbass McStupieHead couldn't give a chimpy flying poop about the deaths of hundreds in this country, as witnessed by his gutting the EPA, the FDA, the CDC, the USDA, Katrina's aftermath, the Michigan bridge, and hey, what about those four thousand or so soldiers in Iraq?

That nasty little lying drunk is just trying to figure out a way to (a) test existing weapons stock; (b) threaten other nations (the Chinese are not liking this either, BTW); (c) pass more taxpayer dollars to his buddies in the defense industry bidness. If only Darth Teh Heartless would pop a blood vessel, I think Chimpy would be reduced to a blubbering babbling wreck on national TV and then the weak-kneed legislative whores would move to impeach the little mother.

 
At 3:50 PM , Blogger liquiddaddy said...

People are wondering why everybody in Nacogdoches shines at night like glow sticks.

They are at least landing the shuttle first.

LD

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home