Zippidy Doo Da

I'm not stupid, I'm from Texas!

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Dependent Energy

I could puke when I see those Reliant Energy ads touting energy savings. (who pays for that ad campaign? –duh!) Reliant has the highest rates in the state, unless you’re on a plan that uses lunar power or free- range wifty oil. They’re sending out door- to- door salesmen these days because nobody reads their mailings or listens to their phone messages. Smart customers are deserting them in droves, never mind that $50 off your bill come-on. Who has the lowest electricity bills in Texas? The people of Austin and San Antonio, with their publicly owned utilities. The stockholders and customers are the very same people. Go figure.

1 Comments:

At 10:47 AM , Blogger Nails said...

I always encourage people to dump reliant energy as their provider. Many comment that they are afraid that power won't be restored, or the infrastructure won't be as reliable. Of course this is all not true, the same infrastructure is used regardless of the company you choose. I have to applaud Houston Mayor Bill White for advertising this fact on radio spots. Aside from that, I am not sure why they hired the goofy spokesman "Tom" for Reliant advertising. On top of not making me want to change back to Reliant he speaks with a northeastern accent - "you ain't from around here are you, boy?"

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home