Zippidy Doo Da

I'm not stupid, I'm from Texas!

Saturday, March 25, 2006

At the Barbershop

The lady who cuts my hair told me she'd given up trying to keep her child enrolled in the texas child health insurance program. She's one voter who understands that the Gov and the Lege have been pulling the safety net out from under falling people. She reports that a lot of the Torys that used to sit in her chair and preach to her have been rather quiet lately.
The Chronicles Rick Casey and Shannon Thompson have each run stories this week about the state park system running on fumes. They have laid off staff and have cut back operations at 50 parks because gutless legislators have diverted dedicated funding from sales tax on sporting goods. They did the same with traffic fine money earmarked for trauma care. Money from hunting and fishing licenses is no longer dedicated to conservation and enforcement. But my fishing license cost me $38 this year. I'm telling all my hook and bullet buddies about Governor Rick doing this while he passes out public funds to the likes of the Waltons and Tom DeLays K street conspirators. It seems to work for the NRA.
-judge chief charly hoarse

1 Comments:

At 8:12 AM , Blogger liquiddaddy said...

You tell 'em chief! Great post

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home