Zippidy Doo Da

I'm not stupid, I'm from Texas!

Friday, March 13, 2009

Dear Congressman Olson,


Sorry to hear that you were in the hospital.I Hope that you are up and around in no time. Please take a moment to consider where you would be today without the government-sponsored healthcare coverage you receive as a Navy Veteran and Member of Congress.

Have you heard that Rep. Steve Kagen, D-Wisc, has declined his health coverage until all his constituents have the same options?

I urge you to look at HB 676, the Medicare for all bill that now has over 60 sponsors in the House. Not a perfect bill, but an improvement. I believe we could help a lot of folks with the $350 billion a year our healthcare industry spends every year on profit and overhead. (the better to dispute and deny customer claims)

Best wishes,

Charly Hoarse

2 Comments:

At 8:48 AM , Blogger Lulu Maude said...

You know, taking health benefits away from members of Congress would result in enormous savings to the federal govt., as would revoking all the retirement and security coverage of Dubya.

 
At 7:43 PM , Blogger Julia B. said...

March 17, 2009

Dear Mr. Hoarse,
Thank you for contacting me regarding affordable health care in the United States. I appreciate having your thoughts on this important issue.
The cost of health continues to increase rapidly each year, and is only accelerated by the estimated 45.7 million and growing uninsured Americans. The current recession is leading to more people being laid off from jobs, and families losing their health insurance. Congress must address these problems in order to provide affordable and accessible health care to all Americans.
I believe that we in Congress must come together to develop a comprehensive plan to bring down health care costs, ensure high quality of care, and decrease the number of uninsured. At the same time, we must not limit patients' right to choose their own care or create an expanded, intrusive federal program. As we work on health care reform, my focus will be on making health care more affordable, allowing individuals to be in control of their health insurance, and increasing the transparency of health care costs.
Like you, I believe that every American should have affordable access to health care. Please know that I will keep your views in mind as the House of Representatives considers health care reform.
Again, thank you for taking the time to contact me. I am honored to represent you in the U.S. House of Representatives. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to contact one of my offices or visit my website at www.house.gov/olson.

Very respectfully,

Pete Olson
Member of Congress

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home