Zippidy Doo Da

I'm not stupid, I'm from Texas!

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Tory Mathematics

The other week there was news of the gas price spike being a windfall for the State of Texas, bringing us a multi-billion dollar surplus, of which Perry, Craddick, and Combs (the axis of weasel) mean to return a portion to state taxpayers. Later I found proposed figures showing that the refund would come to eighty-some dollars per household.

This week I see that Allstate has settled with the state’s toothless insurance watchdog, agreeing to pay millions to overcharged customers, each receiving approximately eighty-two dollars.

So I remember the “rule of three,” and go on the lookout for the missing link.

I think that I found it in a sociological work comparing the income of exotic dancers to that of sex workers. It seems that the price of a quick trick outside of a truckstop on I-10 is eighty dollars and up.

Is that what they take us for? Do they think that for eighty bucks they can be screwing us?

1 Comments:

At 3:09 PM , Blogger liquiddaddy said...

Charly,

"Axis of weasel"?

You heard it here first, folks.

LD

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home