Zippidy Doo Da

I'm not stupid, I'm from Texas!

Monday, January 28, 2008

Battered Spouse Nation: Say Hello to Your Boyfriend.

I want to remind everyone from time to time, especially in light of the terrible press Bill Clinton is receiving for saying what people think anyway, what a staggeringly stupid and tragic abortion of a presidency the resident in thief has wrought.

Literally everything the idiot man-child does is retarded or evil, or both.

Case in point, he loves him some "A Charge to Keep." He wrote a memo to his staff about it in 1995 about the painting:

"The reason I bring this up is that the painting is based upon the Charles Wesley hymn "A Charge to Keep I Have". I am particularly impressed by the second verse of this hymn. The second verse goes like this: "To serve the present age, my calling to fulfill; O may it all my powers engage to do my Master's will"

This is our mission. This verse captures our spirit. […]

When you come into my office, please take a look at the beautiful painting of a horseman determinedly charging up what appears to be a steep and rough trail. This is us. What adds complete life to the painting for me is the message of Charles Wesley that we serve One greater than ourselves."

The "horseman" is a thief, riding to save his life from a determined posse.

Oh God in Heaven! What have we done to offend Ye? If we just say sorry, maybe he'll stop hitting us?

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 9:25 AM , Blogger Julia B. said...

Bush told visitors that the painting depicted a circuit-riding preacher. What the artist really painted was a horse thief.
Maybe W got his pioneer bible-beater mixed up with Benny Hinn.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home