Zippidy Doo Da

I'm not stupid, I'm from Texas!

Saturday, May 05, 2007

Pharisees of Texas

The Chronicle headline read “San Antonio megachurch at center of plan to join the UIL.” Next I saw that Sen. Dan Patrick had introduced the bill to allow a small Christian school to join the state league for public school athletics. I guessed right away that they were talking about Pastor John Hagee’s Cornerstone Christian Church. This outfit first came to my attention when I read about Tom DeLay churning it for contributions and preaching their “Apocalypse Now” theology of saving Israel so that we can burn it.

The article notes that the Cornerstone Christian School has been in trouble repeatedly for packing its sports teams with ringers from out of state and around the world. I guess that Jesus didn’t say “blessed are the second-stringers.”

The article didn’t mention that Pastor Hagee also has a history of cheating on his wife, and that he, his wife, and his son shear millions in salary from their flock.

But, they are tight with republican lawmakers like Rep. Frank Corte, Tom “Retreat and Surrender” DeLay, and that excrement Dan Patrick, (a.k.a. Daniel Pugh, Danny Goeb) always willing to bow down before bible beaters and billionaires alike.

1 Comments:

At 6:33 PM , Blogger Lulu Maude said...

Jesus doesn't want any Texans to be without football, you know.

What position would Jesus play? (And don't give me any of that quarterback crap).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home