Zippidy Doo Da

I'm not stupid, I'm from Texas!

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Chupacabra Report

News that Gets My Goat:

I don’t watch Fox (Whore) News, or any TV news for that matter.
I see enough to know what a bogus reporting they commit, and notice things like the recent study that showed that people who watch The Daily Show and The Colbert Report
better grasp the facts behind current events than Fox viewers, who have been proven more likely to be misinformed. So I was not surprised to read on the Crooks and Liars site that Fox had done a hatchet job on Kurt Vonnegut Jr. the day after his death.

James Rosen told of Vonnegut being a POW in Germany, and surviving the firebombing of Dresden that killed 25,000 people, then disparaged his literary standing and called him irrelevant and despondent. He wrapped with this:

ROSEN: Vonnegut, who failed at suicide 23 years ago, said 34 years ago that he hoped his children wouldn’t say of him when he was gone “he made wonderful jokes, but he was such an unhappy man.” So I’ll say it for them.

Wasn’t that charming? I wonder what Vonnegut ever did to James Rosen. I’m not familiar with him, so I did a little digging and found this on the Media Matters site:

Results: Tagged with James Rosen

Rosen falsely claimed Bush officials "made clear" U.S. forces will not enter Iran Friday, January 12, 2007 8:38PM

Fox News' Rosen misrepresented intelligence community's estimated timeframe for Iranian nuclear weapon capability Thursday, May 11, 2006 5:07PM

Fox News' Rosen misrepresented Hotline poll to suggest majority of Americans may approve of Bush Wednesday, March 1, 2006 3:36PM

Fox's Rosen falsely implied that 136,000 Iraqi troops could fight insurgents by themselves Wednesday, August 10, 2005 1:07PM

FOX's Rosen labeled French academy "left wing" without basis; adopted Rumsfeld's rhetoric Wednesday, February 9, 2005 4:16PM

-Maybe Rosen hates Vonnegut for his honesty.

And somebody else at Fox may have it in for Vonnegut. Geraldo Rivera was married to Vonnegut’s daughter Edith from 1971 – 1975. In his 1992 book “Exposing Myself,” Geraldo boasted of having an affair with Marion Javitts, wife of the NY senator and a friend of the Vonneguts, while he was married to Edith. This prompted Vonnegut to go on television denouncing “Gerry Rivers, that’s his real name.” He called him a scumbag, and said that if they met on the street, “I’d spit in his face.”

-No wonder I like this man, and he wrote great books, too.

And so it goes…

3 Comments:

At 8:25 AM , Blogger Nails said...

Hmm,
"Falsely claimed", "falsely implied", "misrepresented", "without basis"...
I guess what they really mean by these phrases is LIED.
Never speak ill of the dead, especially if you are a liar.

 
At 2:02 PM , Blogger Lulu Maude said...

Fox News... the so-called journalism of the right's culture war. I don't have TV, and I'm glad.

 
At 9:06 AM , Blogger Pursey Tuttweiler said...

Dang,
I thought you really had a report on the Chupacabra. I am obsessed with the Chupacabra, and it is far less fictional than Fox News.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home