Zippidy Doo Da

I'm not stupid, I'm from Texas!

Monday, April 09, 2007

Chupacabra Report

News that gets my goat…
I slept in on a day off and had a nice breakfast, watching the birds while Rufus watched the squirrels. It’s not even noon; yet, zombie-like, “Virginia Tom” DeLay has crossed my stream of consciousness twice already. It’s like last month, before his ghosted book slid down the sales charts and headed for the remaindered table.

First is an NPR story raising the question of whether the US Attorneys were fired to limit the reach of the investigation into Jack Abramoff. That’s no shock to me, but I almost spit out my coffee when I heard of a five-year statute of limitations on prosecution of these crimes. Does that mean that as of today DeLay is skating on whatever he was doing up to April 9th, 2002? What a travesty.

And later I’m reading a Chron story about airport parking for public officials, and see a parking ticket for DeLay dated months after he “Retreated and Surrendered” his seat in congress. I was glad to see City Avation Director Richard Vacar say that DeLay, former Councilman Bert Keller, and former State Rep. Ken Yarbrough will be billed for parking after their terms expired. I hope the sheriffs pick them up if they don’t pay, as they would any other two-bit scofflaw. Now; who’s paying DeLay’s driver? I’d say that this sawed-off little fug has cost us enough already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home