Zippidy Doo Da

I'm not stupid, I'm from Texas!

Friday, March 30, 2007

Let 'Em Eat Cake



Ms. Hendrix,
We like you very much. How are your dauschunds (standard Bavarian greeting)?
We have decided to be more community minded on our band-blog, www.liquiddaddy.blogspot.com by linking to your site. Hope you get some visitors.
Feel free to listen to some great Texas music at www.liquiddaddy.com We recommend Snake Farm.
Love,
Peter
p.s. I am not a stalker

----- Original Message -----
To:.
Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2007 3:47 PM
Subject: Re: We have linked to you

Thanks a bunch!
Will check it out.
P.S. i am not a stalker either ...
Terri
:)


Terri,
I wanted to take time to thank you for your warm response to my note to you about linking to my blog.
As an experiment, I had written similarly to my other heros: Billy Joe Shaver, Mark Jungers, Adam Carrol, the Morales Sisters, Buddy Miller, ect., and you are the only one who replied! My purpose for this was to see whether or not the web sites were misserving the artists by limiting contact, or the artists themselves had decided web contact with the public is problematic.
About that time Judy Hubbard hollard at me, "we don't answer thos e-mails on our site with all those nuts and crazy people trying to sell us their great ideas. Hell, people are constantly sending us death threats and weird letters about themselves. Ray couldn't talk to those people." (true story)
I told her Ray ought to mention that on the site, and perhaps Homeland Security should screen his e-mails..
According to the CDC&P, 28% of Americans have a treatable mental illness. Artists cannot be afraid to talk to people. With CD sales in a free-fall the last few years, perhaps music folks should not be so insulated?
Anyway, I have always enjoyed your music and performances (although I think Mr. Maynes should be more respectful to you in public-no offense). Thanks again for your refreshing realness.
Warmest regards,
Peter
p.s. Happy Easter!


From: "Terri Hendrix"
To: "
Sent: Friday, March 23, 2007 2:44 PM
Subject: Re: We have linked to you


> "It's all folk music" I ain't never heard a cow sing - Big Bill
> Broonzy said that ...
> Anyway thanks for the email and happy pickin' to you!
> Kind Regards,
> Terri
>


Ms. Hendrix,

Forgive me for mistaking you for someone else.

Very truly yours,

Peter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home