Zippidy Doo Da

I'm not stupid, I'm from Texas!

Monday, March 12, 2007

Thanks to Lucinda Williams


Lucy and I made the Lucinda Williams concert last night in the rain. It was at the hallowed Floore's Country Store in Helotes.

She looked good but a little haggard. She sounded great with her four piece. Taking time to explain that she had just played Austin last night which had tired her out and caused her confusion. "This is great. Now I know why all y'all have moved down here. It reminds me a lot of Austin back before things changed. It's just not cool anymore. When they closed the Armadillo, it just wasn't the same anymore."

I can imagine what she went through in Austin. Dozens of vacuous know-nothings obsessed with their own "ideas."

People who write crap like this (www.sxsw.com)

Know any rockstars?

Are your musician friends going to be in town for SxSW Music? I'm going to be conducting interviews with rockstars on the topic of cooking and food for my project, CookingwithRockstars.com, and I'd appreciate any leads and introductions you're generous enough to offer. Just drop me a line at "jen [at] jenville.com".


For the attendees of the "Create a Campaign in a hour" we all experienced a very strange exciting and spontaneous session. So in honor of that session I made a badge that you can use, link to, whatever commemorating your attendance. Don't forget to protect your banana.


Protect your banana.

Lucinda Williams rocked the house down with authenticity and real emotion. About as real as a toothache.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home