Zippidy Doo Da

I'm not stupid, I'm from Texas!

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Dear Congressman Lampson,

Congratulations on your election. I must say what an unmitigated pleasure it’s been to take part in removing a corrupt republican and replacing him with a moderate democrat. I would like to have a word with you on the subject of the war in Iraq. Although I was encouraged last year when President Bush commissioned the Baker Hamilton group to seek alternatives to the administration’s disastrous foreign policies, his speech last week showed that he was just going through the motions, much as he did in his diplomatic initiatives leading up to the invasion of Iraq. Worse, rather than working with Iran and Syria to find positive steps towards peace in the region, as suggested by the Iraq Study Group, President Bush has threatened military action against these countries and ordered the John C Stennis Carrier Strike Group into the treacherous Persian Gulf.
Whether these plans stem from dishonesty or ignorance, I say that this president is no longer entitled to the benefit of a doubt. He must not be allowed to cover up a bad adventure with another bad adventure. I urge you in the congress to exercise your constitutional powers to curtail this president’s war powers, cut the purse strings, or impeach this president and vice-president. Up until Wednesday, I agreed with Speaker Pelosi that impeachment would be disruptive and unproductive, and would drag us down to the level of the DeLays and Gingrichs. Now I believe impeachment may be a necessity for world peace, or even human survival.

1 Comments:

At 2:39 PM , Blogger liquiddaddy said...

Chief,

I thought it pretty funny that McCain bloviated support of 20K or more troops long before Bush, thinking that he wouldn't possibly up the anty, only to have it back-fire to his intense chagrine.

Stick a fork in him.

Oh, I agree we don't have time to find out if Bush is crazy, or not.

LD

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home