Zippidy Doo Da

I'm not stupid, I'm from Texas!

Friday, January 12, 2007

Wheels with Windows?

I heard just enough of a business story the other day to worry me. The story was about Microsoft licensing Windows to be installed in new automobiles. Do you get where this is going? First I’m wondering if the cars will be so loaded with features and options that they will never reach top speed. Next, I wonder about if I roll through a stop sign or turn left on red, will I get a message saying that the car has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down? Will the car occasionally fail to accelerate, brake, or turn, requiring me to shut down and then restart the car? To shut off the engine, will I push the “start” button? And finally, what happens when the system crashes?

1 Comments:

At 7:42 AM , Blogger Nails said...

I saw an ATM being repaired the other day. The service person had it cracked open and plugged into a diagnostic machine. The ATM was running a version of Microsoft Windows. Oooh, someday Windows will begin to learn and think for itself - it's already everywhere -so watchout human race!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home