Zippidy Doo Da

I'm not stupid, I'm from Texas!

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Buckley Balks at Bush Plan

Well, I got out my Buckley to English Dictionary and have concluded that William F. Buckley has stuck it to the Bush White House again. Check this bit…

A geographical division of Iraq is inevitable. The major players are obvious. It isn't plain how the United States, as an outside party, could play an effective role, let alone one that was decisive, in that national redefinition. And the United States would do well to encourage non-U.S. agents to act as brokers — people with names like Ban Ki-moon.
On the basis of this analysis I will vote against supplementary U.S. involvement in Iraq.

-That’s from The Godfather of Conservatism. When old wise guys like that speak out, I used to hope the administration would take notice. (LBJ “If I’ve lost Walter Cronkite...”)This Bush Cheney Rove outfit wouldn’t bat an eye if Abe Lincoln came back from the dead and challenged their ideology and practices. This might explain the roaring silence of the past five years. Could we blame this on Reagan and his 11th Commandment?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home