Zippidy Doo Da

I'm not stupid, I'm from Texas!

Friday, June 30, 2006

Rant

I started my sojourn into politics through the internets by joining the community of participants at Democraticunderground because I just couldn't get news anymore that wasn't filtered through MSM "pravda"-like propanda organs. This was a bad time for me watching the country I would give my life for destroyed by a bloodless facist coup in 2000. The media was complicit. For almost two years, the only voice of truth were good people laboring in obscurity like Media Whores Online, Daily Howler, Bartcop, Rude Pundit, Digby, Atrios and collectively at DU, or news clearing houses like Bushwatch, or Buzz Flash (and Kos).

I eventually got thrown off DU and cast into the lunatic fringe by brawling with bigots who routinely bash the south, southerners and Texans in particular. Like all bigots, they were ignorant and narrow-minded. What was more outrageous was that they found succor, protection and support institutionally from DU (dicks like Skinner) for their hate speech, and continue to even now, while at the same time brutally enforcing Stalinist censorship of anyone who would call them to task for spewing hate towards people in the south who they would happily send to conectration camps. As near as I can tell, there are liberal enclaves in the population areas of so-called blue states, who have become victims of instituational racist stereotypes and ignorantly porpound these ideas in public discourse without being aware of the falaciousness and obnoxiousness of these myths.

Daily Kos is another outlet for this vicious hate that I am increasing unable to read because of this and its cloying self-important clap-trap. "Stop looking at me!", says the man perched on the post office flag poll.

Today I had to see this in-house delivered piece of ofal:

"A peckerwood is a rural white southerner, usually poor, undereducated or otherwise ignorant and bigoted, the term gained popularity in the deep south during the early twentieth century and was meant to be derogatory. It is a reversal of the name of the red bellied woodpecker which had a patch of red on the back of it's head and neck, therefore a peckerwood is a redneck, terms that describe similar groups of people are trailer trash or white trash but neither of those have the same effect or ring to them as peckerwood does."

Hmm. Now tell me what a nigger is Pointdexter. Of course, I am a redneck, I have only high school and trade school for an education, I live in trailors sometimes, my folks married at age 15, I work on cars in the yard, drink beer, like sports, snort crank, my dog has fleas, I love Jesus, and I shoot guns, so I might not be edumacated enough to get you. Show up at my door, though, and I'll sure beat your ass bloody. Pencil neck.

Check this out:

"Nowhere is the Peckerwood a more dominant indigenous species than in God's own dumping ground for mass ignorance, racism, incestuous relationships, general intolerance, filth and outright pure stone age bigotry than in the state of Alabama, home of Judge Roy Moore and his giant stone paean to the very idolatry that it specifically condemns. Alabama has been in the news for several reasons recently, it is the home state of famed missing teen Natalee Holloway whose disappearance mesmerized the MSM last summer..."

"indigenous species"? What the fuck? Isn't that what Himmler does to amke it easier to kill jews? You pricks.

"This is the reality of the situation: deep south bible belt whites, mainly poor, increasingly hostile and always Republican now own a disproportionate amount of political power in America and they are determined to wield it. They will use it in order to drag the country backwards through time to a dark place in our history that had apparently been buried in the past. They seek to return to the days where the American south was mired in the smothering blackness of a festering, hateful and corrupt parallel universe to the more progressive states above the Mason Dixon Line, trapped like a dinosaur in a tar pit. It was only through the courage of the civil rights movement and federal anti discrimination laws that the roaring beast was able to be semi-tamed to a point where it would be able to interact with decent folk. With the ascendancy of a red state evangelical movement the south is back for blood revenge, thundering a bastardized version of Christianity from pulpits, preaching hatred and bigotry and the end times and drawing the masses of the disenfranchised into ever growing mega churches and mobilizing armies of activists. The southern regressive fervor has infiltrated the United States government itself, controlling both houses of congress, the executive branch and now is on the precipice of seizing control of the supreme court as well, engulfing all of our democratic institutions like a malignant strain of alien kudzu."

I like to remember that the most bad-ass race riots I have every seen were in Boston, but thats just me. Of course, LBJ was responsible for the Voting Rights Act, and all the people I know who sacrificed their liberty, health, reputations, person, and dignity in the civil rights struggle were southerners. And please don't forget, we love black people (and brown people) and they love us; that's why we actually live and work together, inter-marry, and talk the same, unlike you.

Let me fill you in on something. According to the last census, the people most likely to vote republican were high school, or less educated white women and college educated white men, irrespective of region. High school, or less, educated white men, such as those portrayed in the Kos article, who are from the south, voted overwelmingly Democratic. The country is purple, shit for brains, and Bush only won because he cheated.

Stop making your racism look smart to idiots with the help of new media. It will just keep us in our current status of serial losers. If the Democratic party thinks they are gonna win anything ever, they better get these morans (yes, I know how to spell it shithead) off the front page and back under the rocks they came from. They just aren't smart enough to get it.

1 Comments:

At 8:06 AM , Blogger Julia B. said...

Nice, Eldie. Feel like we're passin' a bottle of store-brand whiskey around the fire.
Remember Debs:
"While there is a lower class,
I am in it.
While there is a criminal element,
I am of it.
And while there are
lunkheaded peckerwoods,
-fine how're yew?"

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home