Zippidy Doo Da

I'm not stupid, I'm from Texas!

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Merry Christmas, I think..


 

Juanita Jean today has Rick Perry’s Christmas card today, and it’s muy macho. Not the family picture, which could pass for typical except for the Nixonian figure lurking on the right, but the Bible verse, the first two lines from the 144th Psalm:

“Praise be to the Lord my Rock,
    who trains my hands for war,
    my fingers for battle.
“ He is my loving God and my fortress,
    my stronghold and my deliverer,
“my shield, in whom I take refuge,
    who subdues peoples under me.”

-Scary huh? I’m figuring this is some dog-whistle code speak to his end-timer constituency, the folks who want to insure that Israel has a surplus of handbaskets so that we can all go to hell, and soon.

I don’t know why he stopped there; it gets even better:

“Lord, what are human beings that you care for them,
    mere mortals that you think of them?
“ They are like a breath;
    their days are like a fleeting shadow.

“ Part your heavens, Lord, and come down;
    touch the mountains, so that they smoke.
Send forth lightning and scatter the enemy;
    shoot your arrows and rout them.
“ Reach down your hand from on high;
    deliver me and rescue me
“from the mighty waters,
    from the hands of foreigners
“ whose mouths are full of lies,
    whose right hands are deceitful.”

-See? Looks like a perfect message for this fear-monger’s flock of xenophobes, fearful that they’ll be “left below.”

All this sent me back to my inbox to see what Steve Stockman’s Christmas card looks like. His Bible verse is from Isaiah 9:6:

“Unto us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government shall be upon his shoulders.”

-This is truncated; he left out the best part:

“And his name shall be called Wonderful Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.”

-But back to Congressman Stockman. Is he trying to say that the government is on his shoulders? More likely the voter’s boot is gonna be on his ass again. Already something to look forward to next year.

Happy Christmas everybody!
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home