Zippidy Doo Da

I'm not stupid, I'm from Texas!

Thursday, August 04, 2011

Good day at the beach

The dawn patrol, a bit tardy, hit East Beach Monday for the best day fishing this year so far. Wind was off a bit, SSW, but pretty flat, and water was green to the beach.

While The Creature netted up a bucket of mullet, Joey and I free lined live shrimp in the surf and soon were wrestling speckled trout. A couple were solid slot fish, near 24.” Those went on ice. After this bite slowed down we bounced mullet off the bottom in the 2nd gut and found enough little black tip sharks to keep it interesting. All in all a great day, especially to have fish show up when I had company. Most trips lately featured gale-force winds and sandy surf. I hope this trend holds, every year seems to bring at least one ‘ice cream’ day with big shrimp on the beach and pompano there eating them. Maybe tomorrow..

2 Comments:

At 6:15 AM , Blogger liquiddaddy said...

Judge,

I don't care how much the weatherman says differently, it is verifiably 105-108o everyday here. Everything is dying/dormant. The trees didn't make nuts or acorns for animals to eat this Fall, and the grass is all dead.

401K's around the nation lost 2 trillion dollars yesterday.

Your post made me feel better. Thank you.

I met Lucy on East Beach, and I helped save Jimmy from drowning (qualudes and surf boards don't mix) there. My fondest memories of Roy (before he got sick and crazy) are fishing with him at that beach. Lucy, Beato, and I did a couple of shows with the Billtones there that were a lot of fun. I even caught a trout that was on somebody else's line there, once.

Great post. Thanks again.

LD

 
At 6:18 AM , Blogger liquiddaddy said...

Oh, yeah, another thing.

When you are using stoke photos, next time select an image that is not so disturbing.

This is a family joint.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home