Zippidy Doo Da

I'm not stupid, I'm from Texas!

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

FACEBOOK Must Die!

I met a girl the other day who did not use FaceBook. Bravo!

She sensibly pointed out that no real communication exists betwteen partites and getsured by cupping her hand that a telephone call (old school) is much more effective.

I'll admit that she's not so very popular as those measues from young people stand. I mean, she doesn't have hundreds, or thousands of friends.

Back in 2004, my idea for a blog was very trendy. The word "blog," was trendier still, and became fodder for comedians that pointed out that we're were hitting comunication saturation rate that would be our downfall.

However, this platform was intended to be interactive. If I told everyone I was going to swim the English Channel (seeVol XXIV) covered in steak fat and goose berries, I had expected anyone who had a comment to offer one in the comments section. It would be a lot like Facebook except without the weird stuff, and by that I mean, huhm..posing.

The system seems to work well (kinda). But there seems something difficult at getting members of the tribe to use this vehicle as opposed to social networking sights as there first choice.

The thing that bothers me the most is when some issues about rehearsing or musical engagements immediately pinned on "wall paper." If I have no ability to talk to one person without speaking with several others at the same time, I'll remain content to use the phone.

If you find me Twittering about putting on my socks in real-time, shoot me dead as an act of mercy.

1 Comments:

At 9:51 AM , Blogger liquiddaddy said...

FYI, we are not approaching anyhtin like social media, but I looked at our Technorati #'s yesterday and we went from 1.75 million in 2005 to 56,000. In the politics catagory we're 2,400 and in the science catagory 1213!

We are linked to 35 sites.

Keep up the good work, Prof. Charles.

LD

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home