Zippidy Doo Da

I'm not stupid, I'm from Texas!

Thursday, September 02, 2010

I'm Back (In the Rear)


I wanted to mention a few items that I am finally able to do after many months of lonely absence.
First, I had last reported that Lucy and I were sharing the fate of millions of other Americans during this George Bush economy. I had lost my job, house, insurance, savings, credit, car, friends, my dogs, other beloved pets, and almost my mind, my heart and my faith in God.
Today, Lucy who is a tenured and masterful teacher in the public schools rated "Tile 1" rural and innercity schools, who I am so very proud of, and who positively effected the lives of poor mostly minority kids, received word from the Texas Retirement System Board that her application to retire under disability was denied. It was denied by nameless/faceless men who have never layed eyes on her and who brushed aside the records and opinions of a rheumatologist, podiatrist,pulmonogist, family physician and psychologist without any rationale or cited authority.
These are the same Rick Perry goons who bankrupted the system by investing 300 million in Enron stock under immense political pressure. Like Perry, they don't care to admit that they stole all the money and now have a state-wide budget short-fall of 18 billion dollars. This chicken shit decision is likely happening a lot now because they just don't have the money, and like soulless, evil moral pip-squeeks everywhere, they find it easier to rob disabled people, blind and poor children than demand that Texans actually pay for something that is their moral and political obligation.
Still, after all this bad luck we endure and in some ways are even stronger. But I would be extremely grateful if some one out there using the Google machine could offer ther experience with TRS.
I for one intend to holla all I can to fight the corruption that elected crooks senseless red-necks allow to persist.
On a happier note: KEVIN,I CANNOT GET THE E-MAIL ADDRESS JUDGE HOARSE SENT ME. please-mail me here so I can bring you aboard.
I think when this summer heat breaks we will all go outside and peer at the sun.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 6:49 PM , Blogger Lulu Maude said...

LD, my heart goes out to you and yours. I wish I could hammer the TRS into the ground... and of course, indict the Texas Repugnicans who have brought us to where we are.

With love from Vermont...

 
At 1:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice too see ya Rusty, and you too Ms. Lulu.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home