Zippidy Doo Da

I'm not stupid, I'm from Texas!

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Chupacabra Report

In my inbox:

“ObAMA’S COLLEGE CLASSMATE SPEAKS OUT


By Wayne Allyn Root, June 6th, 2010

“Barack Obama is no fool. He is not incompetent. To the contrary, he is brilliant. He knows exactly what he's doing. He is purposely overwhelming the U.S. economy to create systemic failure, economic crisis and social chaos -- thereby destroying capitalism and our country from within..”

Reply to all:

-Well Carl, this Root guy isn’t as whack as some of the folks Fox puts on, I can go along with a lot of his Libertarian ideas. He’s anti- the wars, (Congress has not exercised its Constitutional duties in my lifetime) he doesn’t want to bomb Iran yesterday like John Bolton, the “state tax” system sounds intriguing, if unworkable, and as to the states deciding social issues locally, I could maybe like that too, within limits; the Old South still couldn’t go back to slavery for example.

But I still don’t buy that Obama is a secret Muslim who will chop off our heads. He is a centrist like all the presidents we elect. Nobody who gets that far is going to rock the boat so much that the plutocrats fall overboard. The left is as pissed at him as the right is, and that, to me is a sign of a good politician.

I wish the Johnny-come-lately deficit hawks could have a sort of George Bailey moment and see what shape this country would be in without the TARP and AR&R act. We’re still on thin ice, but I think things could have been much worse. I’ve studied what Jessie Jones and FDR did during the depression, and think they did alright, putting people to work, saving banks, businesses, farms, and homes: Keynes was on to something. I wonder where these sudden "fiscal conservatives" were when Reagan added $2 trillion to the debt, or when Bush added $4 trillion.

Regards,

Lefty



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home