Zippidy Doo Da

I'm not stupid, I'm from Texas!

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Slam Dunk

His opening remarks were sparkling, I found myself speculating whether one day historians will rank his words alongside FDR’s fireside chats, the radio addresses that reassured a crashed nation over seventy-five years ago.

“This budget lays the foundation for a secure and lasting prosperity.”

“We can get there if we travel this road as one nation, as one people.”

“Our economy only works if we recognize that we’re all in this together, that we all have responsibilities to each other and to our country.”

And then he took questions from the press for most of an hour. I find it most refreshing to see the president think on his feet; extemporaneous, yet articulate. He told us where we’re going and how we’re going to get there. Persistence.

I can’t wait to see the ratings. His first press conference got super-bowl numbers. I hope this one did even better.

And the polls, he’s been at 60% approval lately, but after this week’s full court press expect a bump there too. I just hope the sluts in Congress get the message.

3 Comments:

At 10:36 PM , Blogger Julia B. said...

Nielson says 40.4 million viewers; happily, only 3.4 million watched on Faux News. No new poll data yet, but the Dow was up 89.6 or 1.17%.

 
At 6:58 AM , Blogger liquiddaddy said...

Charly,

Are we on for this weekend?

LD

 
At 6:59 AM , Blogger Lulu Maude said...

I missed it, though spouse was listening and gave it a thumbs up.

It's going to take the nation a while to get used to someone who isn't afraid to talk to the American people.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home