Zippidy Doo Da

I'm not stupid, I'm from Texas!

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Sorry Nails, If it’s not politics it’s economics..


I was in a meeting yesterday hearing about the next fiscal year and got the word that there will be no increase in my health insurance premiums.

Hallelujah.

After ten years in which premium increases averaged in double digits, while inflation bounced around two percent, why do we get a break now?

I figure that the American Cartel for Health Expense (ACHE) perceive the coming regime change in the US as a threat to their gravy train and are trying to lay low.

According to the National Coalition on Health Care, we spent 16% of GDP on healthcare last year, over four times what we spend on the national defense.

Let’s compare that to some other developed countries with universal coverage:

10.9% Switzerland
10.7% Germany
9.7% Canada
9.5% France

We can do it here, too. Don’t let some insurance salesman or Pharma flack tell you different.

2 Comments:

At 7:36 AM , Blogger liquiddaddy said...

Judge,

..or sex.

Really, as committed as you are, you write about so many subjects with eloquence and authority, I don't consider you as being too focused on anything. I was actually sick of myself tending to whine about a handful of topics: hating what's-his-face; how we are doomed; and Obamamania.

Please don't take my remarks as an attempt to muzzle you.

 
At 8:09 AM , Blogger Julia B. said...

Muzzle, hell I'm not rabid, that's toothpaste.
Espero qu Sr Clavos escrivan mas.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home