Zippidy Doo Da

I'm not stupid, I'm from Texas!

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Fallout from Bogus Debates

See this from Susan at www.kissmybigbluebutt.com

April 19 - We get some dandy ideas ---

Hi Susan, it's your buddy from the state that is not going to have a spring this year, we're still hoping we'll have a summer.

Wedns, night, after I quit tearing my hair out, I got to thinking about how gawd awful the debates are. Every last one just sucks and I just hate the idea that the network, rather then being a good American, actually makes money off of airing them. I always thought the airwaves belonged to us. Stupid huh?

Then I got to thinking about the old days when the League of Women Voters were in charge. So I googled to find out why they quit, and came across this on Wiki...

"The League of Women Voters is withdrawing sponsorship of the presidential debates ... because the demands of the two campaign organizations would perpetrate a fraud on the American voter. It has become clear to us that the candidates' organizations aim to add debates to their list of campaign-trail charades devoid of substance, spontaneity and answers to tough questions. The League has no intention of becoming an accessory to the hoodwinking of the American public." Do they have it right or what?

So, I got to thinking we Democrats have to make it clear to the DNC that we should have NO more debates unless the League handles them. And I think we should organize and I don't have the slightest idea how to get started and you popped into my mind, which is the reason for this post. Maybe you have some ideas.

Regards
Susan
Tukwila, WA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home