Zippidy Doo Da

I'm not stupid, I'm from Texas!

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Texas Calls for Another Round

Why should we be surprised to see that the Texas Democratic Primary split so evenly? That’s how it was at my house, sort of how it was at this blog. Clinton had a slight edge in total votes, and Obama will probably end up with an edge in delegates awarded.

So we have, in effect, kicked the ball on down the field. We’ll wait and see what Wyoming, Mississippi, Pennsylvania, Sylvania, and Freedonia have to say about it.

I heard that Clinton suggested this morning that she and Obama might share the ticket this fall.
“That may be where this is headed,” Clinton said. “But of course we have to decide who is at the top of the ticket.” (See liquiddaddy.blogspot.com/2008/02/hillary-clinton-for-president-of-senate.html - 27k )

The good news here in Harris County is that the Democratic Primary drew 409,000 voters, or 22% of 1,809,000 eligible voters compared to 170,000 or 9% for the republicans.

Get ready to see a lot of GOP party-jumpers, along with office holders resigning “to spend more time with my family,” or “to seek opportunities in the private sector.” This last being a well-used euphemism for setting up shop as a lobbyist, which ain’t gonna be the gravy train it used to be with so many influential Torys sent out to pasture if not up the river.

1 Comments:

At 3:51 PM , Blogger liquiddaddy said...

My friend,

I meant in no way to imply your thoughtful analysis is in any way "silly." We posted simultaneously.

The most interesting stat I've seen is the one that showed not one rural county went for Obama.

Sadly, I am convinced the the primary vote last night turned on ignorance and fear. I don't think Obama can survive any election based on ignorance and fear. Having grown up in the apartheid south, I am cynical about such things.

My house is divided. The division I see everyday between natural allies sickens my heart.

I'm sorry.

C

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home