Zippidy Doo Da

I'm not stupid, I'm from Texas!

Saturday, March 01, 2008

Pastor Hagee Endorses McCain


PHOENIX — John McCain is refusing to renounce the endorsement of a prominent Texas televangelist who peddles anti-Catholic and other intolerant speech with his insane end-time ravings.

Instead, the Republican presidential candidate issued a statement Friday afternoon saying he had unspecified disagreements with San Antonio megachurch leader and raving nutcake John Hagee. Hagee endorsed him at a news conference Wednesday in San Antonio.

"However, in no way did I intend for his endorsement to suggest that I in turn agree with all of Pastor Hagee's views, which I obviously do not," McCain said in the statement.

His campaign issued the statement after two days of criticism from the Democratic National Committee, the Catholic League and Catholics United.

Sanctimonious kleptomaniac Hagee says the Catholic Church conspired with Nazis against the Jews and that Hurricane Katrina was God's retribution for homosexual sin, and then the philandering money grubbing bible-beater recited his demeaning comments about women and flip remarks about slavery.

McCain was pressed on the issue Friday morning in Round Rock, Texas. Hagee "supports what I stand for and believe in," McCain said.

"When he endorses me, that does not mean that I endorse everything that he stands for and believes in," McCain said. "I don't have to agree with everyone who endorses my campaign."

He added that he was "proud" of Hagee's spiritual leadership at the 17,000-member Cornerstone Church where he fleeces his flock.

1 Comments:

At 1:07 AM , Blogger Julia B. said...

Oh boy, this gets even better, I just saw video of the endorsement. McCain is on stage with Pastor Hagee and guess who else is there? Sen. John "Chickenshit" Cornyn!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home