Zippidy Doo Da

I'm not stupid, I'm from Texas!

Sunday, December 09, 2007

The War is Over?

I'm heading towards an ideological milestone that was revealed to me in greater clarity with the news that in the consensus of 16 intelligence agencies, mighty Persia has no bomb and isn't making one.

The upshot of this, to me, is that Bob Gates and not George Bush or Dangerous Dick C. is running the country right now. In fact, there might have been a second bloodless coup since 2000 in which the Joint Chiefs, DOD, CIA hard guys and key civil authorities like Joe Biden, basically went to Chimpy McCokespoon and said, "that'll do, pig."

Maybe it wasn't a shadow government that vanquished the neo-nazi death cult that had nearly killed our country, but some kind of Divine intervention? When I realized the enormity of this (see right wing media freakout) the hate I feel at times, and the tremendous hopelessness, virtually poured out of my heart.

It would be nice to get back to debating conservatives about policy and ideology in the future. They are no longer a threat to a free society, for now, and in many cases, just frightened pants-wetters and gas bags.

Of course, we must cut the cancer from the body politic, which means working to root out dead-enders, who waxed creamy dreams of Armageddon's cleansing light in order to scare people, and to make sure that religious extremism, hate, intolerance, ignorance, and apocalyptic death cults do not have any place in civil discourse.

Let us build anew.

Peter Higgins
Moulton, Texas

5 Comments:

At 8:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't let my guard down and feel any sort of relief. Remember just before Georgie invaded Iraq, the CIA came out with advice that going ahead with it would be more likely to raise the terrorist threat-level than to reduce it, and that there was no definite indication of WMD's.

Nope, I'm gonna hang on to my hopelessness. It helps me justify my extreme-isms.

 
At 8:17 AM , Blogger liquiddaddy said...

Mr. Hedman,

First, a hearty ZDD welcome. Saaaaalude!

I think somebody put X in my Ovaltine.

Over the weekend I wandered completely naked (except for my leopard fez) into a nest of wingnuts, and attempted to form a cuddle puddle.

When I woke up in a bathtub full of ice in Piedras Negras with a zipper where me kidney used to be, my sensibility returned to me.

Cheers to hopelessness and rage!

LD

 
At 5:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh shit, that was your kidney in that pie?

 
At 7:01 AM , Blogger liquiddaddy said...

Hah! I know you're lying because I would never be served in a pie, since my kidney is thoroughly pickled to the consistency of seveche' and would have been served on crackers.

LD

 
At 5:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

To quote l-d,
"keep your powder dry."
(who said that first?)
I think it's useful to remember that we won the last two elections: where did that get us?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home