Zippidy Doo Da

I'm not stupid, I'm from Texas!

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Spend More Time With Your Family


There isn't too much to talk about lately as we enter the dog daze of summer in south Texas. All weather that would be of any interest this time of the year meanders languishly from the direction of, or storms in apocalyptically out of the gulf. All is calm down there, and off to a boring start.

Reports of a continued decline in CHIPs enrollment (see BOR) chaps me, but is no surprise.

News that an enraged woman bludgeoned her husband with the baby (see chron) certainly surprised me, but failed to make me mad.

I think we are trapped in a slow news cycle, that's all.

However, Roger Williams' resignation as Texas' Secretary of State yesterday looked like a story that had some potential interest. Different folks offered various congectures as to the reasons for his unexpected departure. One blogger suspected that perhaps Gonzo would resign, Box Turtle John would move to AG and Rog would replace him. Intriguing.

I seem to remember in '04 or so, rumors flying here and there about Rick Perry being discovered cuppled enflagrante delicto with the secretary of state. I think Mr. Williams should know that when wags like, www.drizzten.com/blargchives/000723.html refer to the story link, his face shows up. I'm just sayin'.

You know, when all that stuff went down, I learned from some of their neighbors that Mrs. Perry fled the governor's mansion to the lake house of a friend for a numer of weeks. Things were tense.

Maybe the news will get better, or at least more interesting.

Note: many thanks to Princess Sparkle Pony for the great picture above.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home