Zippidy Doo Da

I'm not stupid, I'm from Texas!

Friday, May 25, 2007

Lunatic Fringe or Cognoscenti?

Last week’s Michael Ramirez cartoon featuring the ass end of a donkey was captioned “Rasmussen Poll: 35% of Democrats believe Bush knew about the 9/11 attacks in advance.”
See it here. http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/22_believe_bush_knew_about_9_11_attacks_in_advance
I thought, well, people believe anything; and remembered the video of President My Pet Goat. The man looked pole-axed, this is no criminal mastermind. But my curiosity was piqued, and I was soon looking at the 9/11 truth movement site. http://www.911truth.org/ This is a pretty good clearinghouse. The known facts of this story can be seen to mean many different things, and they do. I’m partial to the “simply let it happen” theory of some crazy scheme gone out of control and they have to keep the lid on it now because they’ve killed thousands of people.

You don’t believe we would go to war under false pretenses? It’s an American tradition since 1846 when James Knox Polk sent Gen. Zachary Taylor into Mexican territory between the Nueces and the Rio Grande to get shot at so Polk could go manifest destiny on Mexico. Remember the Maine? That started the Spanish American War. The sinking of the ammo-smuggling Lusitania helped drag us into World War I. Was Pearl Harbor a surprise? What if anything was the Gulf of Tonkin incident?

Are you ready for the Strait of Hormuz incident?

2 Comments:

At 8:40 AM , Blogger liquiddaddy said...

I think we'll find later that without a compliant press, these hijinks won't seem so clever, because they're not.

You got to hand it to Rosie O'Donald for, at least, asking questions in public like, "who are the real terrorists?"

LD

 
At 6:02 PM , Blogger Julia B. said...

Papa Liquidos y Senor Clavos, me ayudan por favor. El sitio esta quebrado.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home