Zippidy Doo Da

I'm not stupid, I'm from Texas!

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Molly Ivins Dead at 62

Molly Ivins is dead from a long battle with breast cancer. Persons more eloquent than I will supply moving eulogies in the coming days. I feel great sorrow for her family and friends. Saying that she will be greatly missed is a huge understatement. She personified the archtypical Texas ladies I grew up with, and reminded folks that all Texans are not narrow-minded, bone-simple thugs.

The wonderful thing about life is when it becomes hilarious with poetic irony, which was Ms. Ivins all over. She bowed out on a day when America became hysterical over a publicity stunt for Aqua Teen Hunger Force. She would have loved it.

Rest in Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home