Zippidy Doo Da

I'm not stupid, I'm from Texas!

Thursday, March 30, 2006

A Word From Joel & Victoria


Put on your "world filter"

Today's Scripture

"I will set no evil before my eyes." (Psalm 101:3)

Did you know that what you think in your mind determines the direction and quality of your life? The Bible encourages you to think on things that are pure, wholesome, and of a good report (Phil. 4:8). In order to think on the right things, it is important to filter what you watch, read, and listen to. One trick of the enemy is to slowly deceive you into lowering your standards. Don't let the enemy have a single opportunity to pull you down by watching or partaking in things that are questionable.

Remember you are a temple of the Holy Spirit. As you fill your thoughts with God's Word, you'll reflect it in every area of life. As you discover His promises, you'll discover the champion in you.

A Prayer for Today

God, I confess that there are inappropriate TV shows, movies, and books that tempt me. Help me to replace these with things that are uplifting and wholesome. When I focus on Your promises of peace, joy, safety, deliverance, and provision, I become whole in Your love. Thank you for a future and a hope that is only found through Jesus Christ. In Jesus' name - Amen.

2 Comments:

At 6:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Make me want to sit up and vomit.
In the words of the immoral Mark Twain; "What a hell of a heaven it's going to be when all those hypocrites get there."

 
At 2:28 PM , Blogger liquiddaddy said...

See a previous post about the pious Ms. Osteen blowing her stack in the first class cabin on a flight to swanky Vail (god's country), and getting tossed off the plane. I guess Joel covered his eyes so he would not have to watch his wife's "questionable"
rant.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home