Zippidy Doo Da

I'm not stupid, I'm from Texas!

Friday, December 09, 2005

Music Changes

I thought I might mention that the band is going through some changes as to how we approach our business, and will probably try the following:

No more free music. Just some samples of the best songs. It would be difficult to change the website as the integrity of the work might suffer by taking the songs away entirely, but leaving a snip would probably suffice. "Free" music fits well philisophically with our anti-music business stance, but is not working out well in actual practice.

No free performances. 'Nuff said.

No "pay for play": word. There really is such a thing where bands pay club owners to let them play for free. Really, no lie. And it is taking over the business in places like LA, Nashville and Austin. We never have accepted pay for play, but I have discussed "music deposits" with Fitzgerald's in a low moment. Some club owners make me shudder in disgust.

Sell CD's directly from the site: At 1/2 the price of our e-commerce outlets. Who wants to pay $13.99 for a CD from an unknown band?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home