Zippidy Doo Da

I'm not stupid, I'm from Texas!

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

"You don't own me."

From The Huffington Post:

“Alaska Congressman Don Young got into a heated discussion with Rice University professor Doug Brinkley at a hearing on Friday.

“Young addressed Brinkley as "Dr. Rice" and called his testimony "garbage." Brinkley replied, "Dr. Brinkley. Rice is a university. I know you went to Yuba College and you couldn't graduate."

“"I'll call you anything I want to call you when you sit in that chair. You just be quiet," Young quipped.

“"You don't own me," Brinkley shot back. "I pay your salary."

“The exchange took place at a House Natural Resources Committee hearing to discuss the possible effects of drilling in Arctic National Wildlife Refuge.

“Later, Young admitted that he was "really pissed."

“This isn't the first time a Don Young outburst has disrupted a meeting. His illustrious record includes brandishing a walrus penis at the female head of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and making an obscene reference to gay sex while denouncing the National Endowment for the Arts at a high school.

“Young famously called the BP oil spill "not an environmental disaster." He also has the lowest voting attendance among House members, aside from those who had to miss votes because of illness or presidential campaigns.”

1 Comments:

At 7:21 AM , Blogger Lulu Maude said...

"I'll call you anything I want to call you when you sit in that chair. You just be quiet."

Your taxes at work!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home