Zippidy Doo Da

I'm not stupid, I'm from Texas!

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Giants of the GOP


-from Calvin Coolidge..

“When people are bewildered they tend to become credulous.”

“Never go out to meet trouble. If you just sit still, nine cases out of ten, someone will intercept it before it reaches you.”

“The business of America is business.”

“No man ever listened himself out of a job.”

“I have never been hurt by what I have not said.”

“I have noticed that nothing I never said ever did me any harm.”

“If you don't say anything, you won't be called on to repeat it.”

“You can't know too much, but you can say too much.”

“You know, I have found out in the course of a long public life that the things I did not say never hurt me.”

“When a great many people are unable to find work, unemployment results.”

“When large numbers of men are unable to find work, unemployment results.”

“When more and more people are thrown out of work, unemployment results.”

“The government of the United States is a device for maintaining in perpetuity the rights of the people, with the ultimate extinction of all privileged classes.”

2 Comments:

At 1:22 PM , Blogger Lulu Maude said...

Ah, Silent Cal. For some strange reason my father's hero.

FDR sent him into fits.

What a disappointment I was...

 
At 7:17 AM , Blogger Julia B. said...

Nice to hear from you Ms. Lulu.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home