Zippidy Doo Da

I'm not stupid, I'm from Texas!

Wednesday, August 05, 2009

The Vote for Justice Sotomayor


Yesterday I heard that 28 Senate Republicans were planning to vote against the confirmation of Judge Sonia Sotomayor to the Supreme Court. Today I heard the number was up to thirty. Why are they opposed to Judge Sotomayor, a top legal scholar who has the most Federal Court experience of any nominee in the past 100 years? Mrs. Hoarse told me that the senators might not want to vote against a Hispanic, or a woman, but they were more afraid of voting against the NRA.

I’m OK with that; it reminds me of when Tom DeLay was Whip in the House. Sometimes he would count votes and decide that he had too many Democrats voting for a bill, so they would go back and change the bill until the Democrats would vote against it and he could then use that vote against them in the next election.

I know the NRA has four million members and can spend ten million dollars any election year. I’m willing to concede those votes to the Tories for the foreseeable future and play for the other one-hundred and thirty million American voters. Many of us own guns and love to hunt and shoot, but don’t necessarily believe that Big Brother is coming to pry our guns from our cold dead fingers.

Many of us are more concerned about the thirty-thousand gun deaths in the U.S. every year.

2 Comments:

At 5:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should see the statistics for automobile deaths. I guess we should out law them too. Huh? If you do some research, you will find firearm deaths are way down the list of cause of death in this country.

 
At 1:41 AM , Blogger B C Dean said...

There you go Anon,did I say I want firearms outlawed? We don't let children have cars, but there's always dumfugs leaving their pistols out for their children to play with. We don't let people drive without a license but any idiot can go to the Pasadena Convention Center and buy a trunkfull of guns. Death is natural and unavoidable. Most gun deaths are stupid tragedys. How about those trogs in Conroe that shot that little boy this year. Or that moron who shot his wife when she got up to pee?
I'd work to outlaw stupid if it would do any good.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home