Zippidy Doo Da

I'm not stupid, I'm from Texas!

Thursday, January 15, 2009

What's your favorite Woody song?

This goes out to all you Driftwoods, Suburban Spears, and Bannanalogicians:
What is your fave Woody Guthrie song? I found a list and was surprised to see that I knew eight or ten, Maybe everybody does. Any of these look like fun to you?

Bound for glory

Deportee

Do-Re-Mi

Hard Travellin

Hobo’s Lullaby

I Ain’t Got No Home

Mermaid Avenue

Mail Myself to You

So Long It’s Been Good to Know You

The Sinking of the Reuben James

This Land Is Your Land

Union Maid

2 Comments:

At 6:52 AM , Blogger Julia B. said...

I think we should all write verses for Do-Re-Mi and sing them in turn.
Here's one..

When I wake up and
get reading the paper
I take my news from
the funny pages.
I get my jokes in
the business section.

This land is made for you and me.

 
At 7:56 AM , Blogger Julia B. said...

Aargh! I meant
This Land Is Your Land,
but you knew that, didn't you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home