Zippidy Doo Da

I'm not stupid, I'm from Texas!

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

When Radio Kills

To: georgeking@clearchannel.com

Mr. King:

I heard your news reader repeat a story today about the Arkansas Democratic Party Chairman being critically injured in a shooting in Little Rock. He will likely die, and the gunman was killed by police.

The glee with which your reader reported this tragedy was deeply, deeply offensive and his repeated turn of phrase "Democrat" in place of the proper use of "Democratic" reveals the taint of bias that colors WOAI/Clear Channel news operations. Please tell that punk it's not the "Democrat" Party Chairman who lays dying from his wounds, but rather, he is the Democratic Party Chairman, and we all pray for him and his poor family. Rush might pat your news reader on the head, or let him kiss his ring, but the FCC who I will report this to, probably won't, since the repeated use of this pejorative constitutes hate speech against liberals, several of which have been gunned down in the last few weeks.

Why don't you guys lighten up? We get it. Real people can get real hurt by people with weak minds who do not understand you don't want to kill all the progressives in this country.

Bite me,

O. A. “Liquiddaddy” Murchason



Update:

From: BOLGER, PETER

To:

Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2008 4:38 PM

Subject: FW: Comment/Complaint

Mr. ______ – I need some clarification as to what exactly you heard and when. Our local news “reader” this afternoon is Cari Laque, and her reports didn’t sound anything like what you describe. In fact, in most newscasts, she only covers local and regional stories. Perhaps it was part of a network news report? If so, I will be happy to forward your comments to the network for their review. Thank you for your feedback.

Peter Bolger, Program Director
1200 WOAI / 760 KTKR
Clear Channel - San Antonio
Direct Vx 210-785-2157
peterbolger@clearchannel.com
Any and all information contained herein is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential or otherwise sensitive privileged Clear Channel business and/or information. If you have received this message in error, contact the sender and delete the message in its entirety. ANY UNAUTHORIZED REVIEW OR RETRANSMISSION OF THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.


From: King, George
Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2008 4:26 PM
To: BOLGER, PETER
Subject: FW: Comment/Complaint

Another satisfied customer?

George King

Operations Manager

Clear Channel Radio San Antonio

6222 N.W. Interstate Ten

San Antonio, TX 78201

210-785-2154 direct 210-736-9776 fax

KAJA KQXT KRPT KTKR KXXM KZEP WOAI

georgeking@clearchannel.com

Mr. Bolger:

It was Bob Guthrie at 1:30 p.m. yesterday. And by the way, the chairman died. I thought you guys monitored these things? Doesn't FCC require you to keep some sort of transcript. Your confusion seems silly to me.

Also, this is not feedback. Rather, it is a FCC complaint. You are not trying; your tone is defensive, instead of showing concern about what Bob Guthrie and others are doing while you are not listening, you are challenging me as to the facts related in my e-mail contact with Mr. King.

For instance, do you object to my use of news "reader" to describe this man? Am I missing something? Is Bob Guthrie a reporter? If he writes his own news copy, then (absent a taped transcript) that's where I suggest you start to look for any evidence. Shoot, I got a better idea! Why don't you just ask him?

Thanks for your response. I would prefer I real reply containing an explanation for WOAI/Clear Channel fomenting violence among your more radical listenership.

O. A.

p.s. It shocked me more than Rush's suggestion that Elizabeth Edwards should have shut up and performed fellatio on Sen. Edwards as an explanation for his infidelity. That's what I call "Clear Channel Classy." Given the level of smut and hate on your airwaves, what do you tell your kids you do during the day, Pete?


1 Comments:

At 4:29 PM , Blogger Julia B. said...

Yes, several killed recently; when I read about the shootings at the Unitarian Church I wondered if these would be prosecuted as hate crimes.

Did you see Kiss My Big Blue Butt yesterday? Somebody threatened Juanita and now I bet they wish they hadn't. She is inspirational.

I'm back from the temperate zone now, I'll try to get with it soon.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home