Zippidy Doo Da

I'm not stupid, I'm from Texas!

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Don't Tase Me Bro


I got off at NASA Parkway to check the clearance racks at a couple of
sporting goods stores on my way home. On Kubayashi between Academy and
Oshmans, I noticed police behind me, and as I stopped at the 4-way behind the “Temple of Doom” theaterplex, I saw the light show start up. Wondering who they were after, I looked for a place to pull over, and snapped to the fact that it was me they were after.

“Please turn off your vehicle, do you have any ID? Please take it out for me, would you please step out of the vehicle…

“Do you have any weapons on you? This pocket? I’ll take this, too. Have you been in League City today? How come your pants are wet?”

“I drove through League City on I-45 a little while ago. I’m on my way home from Galveston. I was also in League City about 6:30 this morning, I stopped for a burrito at La India Bonita. My pants are wet because I’ve been wadefishing all morning."

“We’ve been looking for a car by this description in connection with an altercation in League City involving an assault and a theft.”

By this time there were three police cars and three officers standing around me, one worked the computer and the radio a few minutes until they finally decided that they had the wrong guy.

“Okay Mr. Hoarse, you’re free to go. Thank you for your cooperation.”

“Can you tell me what this was all about?”

“You were somehow mistaken for one Cody Frank who the police in League City are looking for in connection with an assault and theft at Sudies Restaurant.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home