Zippidy Doo Da

I'm not stupid, I'm from Texas!

Thursday, August 09, 2007

I'm Back!


I went to the best places in the great American West. Boy, was that fun!

Thanks to all the hippies and shit diggers in Colorado. Your food sucks down there: mid-western blandness, without the huge portions, except for burgers as big as one's foot. When a body has to fight off the cold, calories are important, I guess.

We love you Karla W. (The only people we hate are those who hurt members of the tribe.) Much affection to Theo the Love Goat, too. We miss you badly.

New Mexico. Brave, proud little NM. I want to make a suggestion: park your cars and find some other way to travel. You drive crappy. Also, you want to scare the Texans with your reputed chilli heat. Hermanos, please. However, I have never visited a place so lovely - your future is limitless.

West Texas is looking good from all the rain. The Davis Mountains are glorious.

Judge Hoarse, thanks for holding things down with your usual flare.

Folks, please write. I have deleted some posts lately from stupidity. Persy Tutwieller, for instance wrote me something nice and I accidentally trashed it. I promise to do better, and we deeply appreciate hearing from everyone.

Proust.

3 Comments:

At 12:25 PM , Blogger Lulu Maude said...

What a nice vacation. Did you get to Chama, NM? When I was young (approx. 3,000 years ago), I used to go to a great little bar there where they made wonderful sopapillas, and I could play Cal Smith's "It Takes Me All Night to Do What I Used to Do All Night Long," which I thought was hilarious, but now which I know is true.

 
At 10:59 PM , Blogger zippiknits...sometimes said...

What? What's that you say? Want a comment? I am glad you had a great time in Colorado. Four Corners is a real drag in the summer but is it ever beautiful the rest of the year.

Is this the time to say, Rock On?

=o)

 
At 8:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bienvenidos Papa Liquido, My usual flares spontaneously combusted in the trunk, burning up the bald radial I keep for a spare. Glad to hear you've returned from the west, raising the average IQ of both regions as you traveled east. I hate to cut and run, but I want to tune in CNN and find out the latest on Brittany and K-Fed.
Ciao,
Looseleaf N. Disguise

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home