Zippidy Doo Da

I'm not stupid, I'm from Texas!

Saturday, July 07, 2007

Chupacabra Report

To the Clear Lake Citizen:

Dear Editor,
I just returned from out of town and have been reading through the papers that piled up in my absence. I see that you chose to report that the Court of Criminal Appeals sustained Judge Priest’s pass on the charge that DeLay and associates conspired to break Texas election laws. I think you have done your readers a disservice here. Other than the one sentence that notes that Delay still faces more serious charges of money laundering and conspiracy, the tone of this story goes along with DeLay’s contention that the charges are simply politically motivated attacks. As the former congressman continues to receive coverage from right-wing news organs, some readers who choose to get their information from only these sources are likely to believe his protests that he is victim of partisan prosecution. I believe that you would have done a service to us all to point out that several DeLay staffers and associates have already been convicted of crimes, and that he remains subject of federal investigations that have ensnared Congressmen Duke Cunningham, Bob Ney, and John Doolittle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home