Zippidy Doo Da

I'm not stupid, I'm from Texas!

Friday, June 29, 2007

The Meme Game

Sister Nancy (www.edictsof nancy.blogspot.com - see links) contacted me with a fun game that has all the charm of a chain letter without the penalty of losing a two dollar bill and painful shingles (or worse) for failure to comply:

1. All right, here are the rules. 2. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts. 3. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves. 4. People who are tagged need to write on their own blog about their eight things and post these rules. 5. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged, and to read your blog.

Here are my eight random facts, some of which few people know:

I was born in Houston Texas to a waitress named Myrna at the Telewink on Telephone Road, who was addicted to Tab and hoarded green stamps. She had a mountainous orange bee hive and always smelled of Aquanet and Dippidy Doo, the scent of which to this day comforts me in my desperate times. She liked to suck the blotters out of Vicks Inhalers and watch "Dialing for Dollars," but never missed an opportunity to torture my siblings and me;

My father, named Junior, was an alcoholic disabled lineman who lost a leg in a hurricane. He liked to chew aspirin and pee on the lawn. He smelled of Butch Wax, Lucky's and Creme ‘O Kentucky. His hobby was carving animals out of peach pits. He killed a man in a bar fight with a rusty carpet knife. He left me with the family motto I have come to live by: "No pain, no pain.";

My maternal grandmother was a labor organizer in the Pecan Picker's Union for the American Communist Party;

I am 1/4 African American;

At 17 I ran away and earned a job as an assistant projectionist at the Red Bluff XXX Drive In across from the Marathon refinery. My boss was a rapacious pedophile named Lester Head who introduced me to my short film career as "Flint Shagwell";

I made a modest fortune as owner of a septic tank service company called "Houston Honey Dippers," that allows time for my lay ministry and work with children, mostly young men, in need of adult guidance;

I have three cats, a scabby Sheltie, a hedgehog and an opossum, named Sonny; and,

My wife, Tammy, owns a Christian nutritional products line, called "What Would Jesus Eat?"

Here are my eight choices:

www.burntorangereport.com

www.stxc.blogspot.com

www.pinkdome.com

www.inthepinktexas.com

www.bayareahouston.blogspot.com (John)

www.offthekuff.com

www.gregsopinion.com (Greg)

www.capitolannex.com (Vince)

Please, pass it on fellas.

1 Comments:

At 7:51 PM , Blogger Julia B. said...

When I was little I saw "Tugboat Annie," "Sargent Preston of the Mounties," and "The Life of Riley" on TV.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home