Zippidy Doo Da

I'm not stupid, I'm from Texas!

Friday, December 22, 2006

The Gibbs Report

I got a mailing today from my temporary congressman, Shelley Sekula Rodriguez Hungabunga ‘n McCormick Gibbs. Congresswoman Gibbs became a lame duck the moment she was sworn into office, and soon was the butt of jokes nationwide. Short of space tourism, or one of the late Malcolm Forbes gala affairs, her term in Congress may be one of the most expensive two-week vacations in history. Her service in the house may seem trivial when you consider that it took Rick Perry five months to concoct some partisan angle to necessitate a special election to send somebody to Washington for the last two weeks of the session, but I, for one, am grateful that I know who to call for a flag that flew over the US Capitol, should I decide that I need one. It’s also good to know who to call in case one of the kids change their mind and decide that they would like to be nominated to attend one of the service academies. Heck, without Tom DeLay to kick around, I just don’t know what to do with myself. Thank you Congresswoman Gibbs.

2 Comments:

At 9:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You forgot one of the Congresswoman's names--it's Shelly Sekula Greenburg Rodriguez Gibbs--she and Carol Keeton McClellan Rylander Strayhorn are running a race to see who has the most last names!

 
At 8:23 AM , Blogger Julia B. said...

Today saw a billboard on hwy 3 by Ellington from clear channel "Congratulations Congresswoman Shelley Sekula Gibbs" with the flag decal motif, same as the ones two yrs ago for "Virginia Tom" DeLay. Wonder if they'll be putting Nick Lampson on signs soon...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home