Zippidy Doo Da

I'm not stupid, I'm from Texas!

Friday, August 18, 2006

"Pope Shelley Sekula-Gibbs"

Well, the GOP has picked the official write-in candidate for TX22. That's her on the left. When I saw this and her other photos it hurt my face. They reminded me of a story lately in Huffington Post:

"Mouthing Off," Bernhard free-associates about her outspoken, passion-fueled lips, saying "If I had thin lips I could never express myself the way I'm able to express myself," and "Can you really handle it? I mean, can you really handle these lips?" Apparently, MAC parent EsteƩ Lauder could not, and edited out the part where Bernhard spoke of an "intimidated, frightened, right-wing Republican thin-lipped b*tch." The video, first posted on August 3rd, was linked yesterday on the Drudge Report, and the company was inundated by angry phone calls.


But I will defer to the expert on TX22, Juanita at her very very fine blog www.brazosriver.com. This her turf, and she is a great warrior in the fight to free America of one of the most caustic, malignant political criminals in history. Today she writes:

August 18 - Okay, I'm up. I'm up. Quit hollering. They came to a conclusion and white smoke came out of the baptistery. It's Pope Shelley Sekula-Gibbs.
The Pearland Group picked Shelley Sekula-Gibbs. The Pecan Grove Group picked a fair parade float. And the other 99.9% of the people in CD22 picked doing something meaningful by not attending either meeting.
Fort Bend GOP Party Chair Gary Gillen - who was at the Pecan Grove secret meeeting - whined about the new by-laws for the party. Tom DeLay - who was at the Pearland secret meeting - whined about judges.
The coolest thing I heard all night, except that Tom DeLay showed up at the Pearland meeting and they didn't stone him - I mean, you gotta admit that's pretty noteworthy - was that David Wallace sent a dozen "protestors" down to Pearland to walk around with his signs and sing Kumbaya or Michael Row the Boat Ashore or something.
Okay, so I made up the hippie song singing and I suspect that no one burned their bra or anything but Wallace is sure big on this protest stuff. But, hey, as long as they're not sending Ken Dexter to whack me, I'm perfectly willing to watch them walk in circles. The CD22 seems pretty darned good at going in circles.

The local GOPpers are saying that the National GOP has promised to send 2 to 3 million (or sometimes 4 million depending on the size of the speaker's .... uh, mouth) to this race right here in CD22.
I think that's kinda like David Wallace's "one million dollars" - just a bark and no bite. However, it does show you that the Republicans think they can buy a race.
I'm sure the check's in the mail.



One more thing. When I looked at that face, for some reason, I was immediately reminded of the following from the Manchurian Candidate:

Mrs. Iselin: It has been decided that you will be dressed as a priest, to help you get away in the pandemonium afterwards. Chunjin will give you a two-piece Soviet Army sniper's rifle that fits nicely into a special bag. There's a spotlight booth that won't be in use. It's up under the roof on the Eighth Avenue side of the Garden. You will have absolutely clear, protected shooting. You are to shoot the presidential nominee through the head. And Johnny will rise gallantly to his feet and lift Ben Arthur's body in his arms, stand in front of the microphones and begin to speak. The speech is short. But it's the most rousing speech I've ever read. It's been worked on, here and in Russia, on and off, for over eight years. I shall force someone to take the body away from him and Johnny will really hit those microphones and those cameras with blood all over him, fighting off anyone who tries to help him, defending America even if it means his own death, rallying a nation of television viewers to hysteria, to sweep us up into the White House with powers that will make martial law seem like anarchy! Now, this is very important. I want the nominee to be dead two minutes after he begins his acceptance speech - depending on his reading time under pressure. You are to hit him right at the point that he finishes the phrase, "Nor would I ask of any fellow American in defense of his freedom that which I would not gladly give myself - my life before my liberty." Is that absolutely clear?

1 Comments:

At 11:07 PM , Blogger Julia B. said...

Funny to hear Juanita say the Republicans think that they can buy a race. DeLay did just that in the primary, but his votes cost $100 apiece. At that rate it could cost $20 million to win in district 22. Not exorbitant for a government of the corporations, by the corporations, and for the corporations.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home