Zippidy Doo Da

I'm not stupid, I'm from Texas!

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Zippidy Doo Da

Zippidy Doo Da

A visit with the Kinkster

We met Kinky Friedman outside a cigar store today and he charmed my checkbook open. Very friendly and down to earth, he courteously listened to my warning about the iniative and referendum process some would bring to Texas. What sounds like a grass roots-up process ends up a lever for big money. Think of that group "Texans for Clean Air" that ran TV ads for Bush, (they turned out to be people that owned refineries and coal-fired power plants) and you'll get a pretty good idea of what I & R would get us.
I heard a lot of talk about education from Kinkys' supporters. If his campaign gets legs, it may well be because the schoolteachers get behind him. Wouldn't that serve Rick Perry right.
-judge chief charly hoarse

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home