Zippidy Doo Da

I'm not stupid, I'm from Texas!

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

SXSW



I was having fun in Austin today. The spring weather was beautiful, crisp, and clear, (except for the chem trails) and seeing all the young hipsters, I got to thinking about SXSW music conference set to start tomorrow on the 15th.

I've tried to get us in once and had no luck. We accepted lots of advice ernestly from others about how to get noticed and get in. It was discouraging, and much easier to adopt a "so what" attitude, but honestly, it would be great to participate.

Although a slight majority (52%) of the 1,100 musical acts are from the "southwest" 20% are from overseas. The rest are from the west and east coasts.

2 out of 3 participants are between the ages of 30 - 55, and 29% earn over $100,000.00 annual income.

I guess we could enroll in the conference; that's $375.00, or we could get a booth for more. In fact, depending on how much we want to spend, we could buy a "private party," or fix up a "public performance" if the price is right. The best way to get buzz going in Austin is through a rolled up $100 bill.

I don't think we'll being going any time soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home