Zippidy Doo Da

I'm not stupid, I'm from Texas!

Friday, January 27, 2012

Chupacabra Report


We heard another big idea from Newt Gingrich this week:

"By the end of my second term, we will have the first permanent base on the moon. And it will be American,"

"At one point early in my career I introduced the northwest ordinance for space and I said when we got -- I think the number is 13,000 -- when we have 13,000 Americans living on the moon they can petition to become a state,"

Well, an American state on the moon would clearly be in violation of the Outer Space Treaty of 1967, ratified by 100 countries, including the United States. But a second term in office for President Newt Gingrich is about the only thing more preposterous than the idea of President Newt Gingrich itself. Next to that, sending 13,000 people to the moon to establish the “State of Newton” or something is doable.

But the other GOP candidates weren’t buyin’ it. Romney said:
“I spent 25 years in business. If I had a business executive come to me and say they wanted to spend a few hundred billion dollars to put a colony on the moon, I’d say, ‘You’re fired!”
And he means it. He was just saying in New Hampshire that he likes being able to fire people.

The paper said Tom DeLay went on the radio and called Newt “erratic and undisciplined.” -That’s like ‘Pot; meet Kettle. And that party lights like Jeb Bush, Haley Barbour or Mitch Daniels would be circling the wagons around Romney.

I’ve also been hearing of speculation about which dark-horse candidate might arise from the sidelines.

This race might provide astonishing entertainment right through most of August.

2 Comments:

At 5:53 PM , Blogger Julia B. said...

The good news: Newt Gingrich has reportedly received a former House colleague’s endorsement, something that has not been very common.

The bad news: It’s from Randy “Duke” Cunningham, the former California GOP congressman who is currently serving a 100-month sentence in federal prison on conspiracy, fraud and tax evasion charges.

 
At 2:35 PM , Blogger Lulu Maude said...

Isn't anybody gonna ask him what he's on?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home