Zippidy Doo Da

I'm not stupid, I'm from Texas!

Thursday, September 03, 2009

Poll: Facebook? Sucks, yes?


If anybody noticed I was gone, except Judge Hoarse who probably missed me bringing him mint julips, then howdy do - I’m back.

I’d like to explain as an excuse that I was the hapless victim of Mexican kidnapping plot, or extraordinary rendition, or even that I was taking the waters and healthful colonics at Birschgarten, but that would be a lie. The simple fact of the matter is that, like many others, I was seduced, discarded and thrown in the dumpster by Facebook. Kids, stay away! It’s not worth it. Yes, you’ll find yourself suddenly and amazingly popular. Beautiful women will clamor to be your "friend." You are at once the hale fellow, lost and found, well met.

Basking in your new-found glory, the realization comes quickly that you are trapped in the matrix of vacuousness that is stultifyingly boring, because even though you are surrounded by tons of people you’d love to relate to, nothing ever gets said.

It’s a helluva a lot like high school. With the added extra of being old, married, and on the treadmill to oblivion.

I’ll go back, but on rescue missions. I’m content here at ZDD, and I’m glad to be home.

Oh, and other stuff, too, but later.

2 Comments:

At 5:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You don't need friends, Eldy; you got us! Now come over here an' I'll prove it to ya'. Now, look up. Look down. Look at my thumb..

 
At 3:52 PM , Blogger liquiddaddy said...

Anon,

Thanks - with friends like you...

Now, pull my finger.

LD

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home